Search Tags: electrical fault finding, electrician, fire alarms, fuseboards, holbeach, house rewires, lighting points, pat testing, power points, shop fittings
Opening Times: 9am - 5:30pm all week
Welcome to K A Goulden Electrical - Electricians in Spalding
K A Goulden Electrical are local Spalding electricians with NICEIC full accreditation.
The company is also registered as Part P Domestic Installers and carries the government TrustMark status.
We use materials of good quality that conform to the relevant British Standards, undergoing regular inspection by the NICEIC Area Engineers and we are bound by the NICEIC rules.
We employ only qualified competent electricians who are properly supervised and receive ongoing training paid for by K A Goulden Electrical, including City & Guilds 2391 Testing and Inspection.
All work carried out by us is guaranteed parts and labour for one year and a further guarantee for Part P Compliance and BS7671 is paid for each time we notify work to the NICEIC online. A Compliance Certificate is issued to the work addressed by the NICEIC.
As local Spalding electricians we survey all our customers individually and liaise closely with regular customers to ensure a quality ongoing relationship.
We continue to improve our customer services and enhance our quality of work so that we can be the most competent and reliable Spalding electricians in the area.
Domestic Electrical Services
The current British Standards require that domestic electrical systems are inspected at least every ten years, but preferably sooner. K A Goulden Electrical carries out hundreds of inspections in domestic properties every year.
Once the inspection is completed you will be provided with either a 'Satisfactory Certificate' or an 'Unsatisfactory Certificate' together with a comprehensive list of remedial works required, accompanied by an estimate to carry out the works.
For any work carried out by Spalding electricians, K A Goulden Electrical, a one year parts and labour guarantee is provided. At your request we can install a single power point through to a full Electrical Rewire.
~~Fuse Board Change~~
If you take a look in your fuse board and discover old-fashioned rewireable fuses, this usually means a fuse board upgrade is required to a modern Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB). A fuse board change is beneficial on many levels; it uses new technology making it safer for your home and family but also offers the prospect of less maintenance if you happen to have faulty electrical equipment.
Most people understand the hassle of changing fuses, but not everyone knows they could just be flicking a switch instead. When you do find that fuses blow or that your current MCB discovers a problem with your equipment you may be interested in Portable Appliance Testing (PAT Testing) If you think you could benefit from upgrading your equipment please call us now.
~~Wiring of Conservatories and Extensions~~
When planning to build an extension or a conservatory onto your house you should always have the electricity supply considered and wired in by professional installers. It's always worth a bit of forward thinking as to where you might want to have your television, computer or even a ceiling fan installed so you can enjoy your new living space more. We can help you here by discussing what your specific requirements are, meeting them with NICEIC Domestic Installer approved electricians.
~~Kitchens, Bedrooms & Bathrooms~~
Kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms might seem like completely separate places but they all have a common function, to make life comfortable, just as we will do if you employ our services. Whether you are installing a new cooker, upgrading to digital television and want to hide those unsightly cables, or even just need some brighter lighting with halogen bulbs in your bathroom we can help you. Meanwhile, you can be assured that all work conforms with the Part P Building Regulations so you know your home will maintain its value.
~~Off Peak Storage Heating~~
Depending on your needs it might be appropriate to have off peak storage heating. Opposed to popular belief a modern storage heater can look fresh, slimline and also be automatic so they are more cost effective, only heating the room when you require them to. Nowadays heaters are much thinner than the older conventional ones that you may have seen in offices although they still offer the same benefits with a more pleasing design. A further update to the heaters is that they can be set on a timer or even a thermostat so you get heat as you require it.
We also offer a Free Advice/Get out Clause to amateurs without criticism, who may have thought they could carry out electrical work in their homes.
~~Spalding electricians, K A Goulden Electrical are happy to provide a Free without obligation estimate for any of the above works.~~
If you are considering purchasing a new home we would suggest for your own safety and peace of mind that you consider having a full domestic electrical periodic inspection test and a full report carried out on the property.
~~Renting of Domestic Properties~~
K A Goulden Electrical work closely with most of the local Estate/Letting Agents providing local Spalding electricians to their management properties.
If you rent out a property, by law you have to ensure that all the electrics in your properties are safe. We can help to achieve this by carrying out an electrical safety check periodically (Domestic Electrical Periodic Inspection Test and Report) and if necessary correct any faults to BS7671. This helps to ensure the safety of your tenants and shows that you are a responsible landlord.
The average cost of a landlords periodic inspection for a 3/4 bedroom property with 1 x 12 way fuse board within 10 miles of Spalding would be Â£125.00 excluding VAT.
~~Summary of Domestic Services~~
* Upgrading of Fuse Boards
* Installation of RCD's (Residual Current Devices)
* Wiring of Conservatories and Extensions
* New Kitchen, Bathroom, Bedroom Installations
* Install security lighting
* Garden lighting
* Supply and install low voltage lighting
* Telephone and TV Points
* Smoke / Heat Detectors - Mains / Battery Linked - Carbon Monoxide Detectors
* Install Cooker Points and connect cookers/hobs
* Supply and Install Storage Heaters and points
* Immersion Heaters, Servicing, Replacement and Plumbing
* Wiring of Central Heating Systems and Fault Finding on Electrics
* Replacement of worn electrical items throughout the property
* Upgrading of Earthing to current standards (BS7671)
* General Fault Finding
Commercial Electrical Services
* Plan preventative maintenance
* General electrical fault finding
* Complete electrical systems for shops, offices, hotels, caravan sites etc. to include design if necessary.
* Upgrading of fuse boards
* Installation of residual current devices (RCD's)
* Additional power points and lights
* Office lighting designed for health and safety i.e. correct lumens at desktop eight to include anti-glare category 2 (Cat.2) type fittings
* Low voltage (surface or recessed)
* Free standing up lighting
* Loft lighting
* Outside security lighting
* Emergency lighting systems installation and maintenance
* Air conditioning full installations
* Telephone points
* Computer points including from patch panels, hubs etc. in Cat 5/6 to computer outlets - all tested before connection to the system (We do not supply mains servers etc. only additional points.)
* TV points and amplifiers (but not aerials)
* Smoke/heat detectors mains/battery linked
* Full british standard fire alarm systems installation for either protection of property or for the protection of life and property.
* Full maintenance of fire alarm systems and issue of new log books
* System upgrade if required for existing systems and instruction/training of staff to operate the systems.
* Storage heaters and servicing
* Replacement of damaged or worn electrical Items throughout the premises
* Upgrading of earthing to current standards BS7671
* Periodic inspection of fixed electrical system with red NICEIC Certificates
ELectrical Contractor working in houses ,shops,factories,schools,churches, etc installing electrical lighting & power,new fuse boards,complete installations new or rewires, fire alarms, emergency lighting, test and inspections,PIR's
We employ only qualified competent electricians who are properly supervised and receive ongoing training paid for by K A Goulden Electrical, including City & Guilds 2391 Testing and Inspection.All work carried out by us is guaranteed parts and labour for one year and a further guarantee for Part P Compliance and BS7671 is paid for each time we notify work to the NICEIC online. A Compliance Certificate is issued to the work addressed by the NICEIC.
Home Owners Electricians
Since 2005 Part P of the Building Regs has been inforce this means any new electrical work at home in a Kitchen, Bathroom or Garden/outside or a complete new circuit has by Law to be notified to the Building Inspector before work starts unless a Domestic Installer carries out the work for you and notifies the work on your behalf.This is all done to protect the householder from poor workmanship and the very real Danger of Electricution or Fire. I will answer any questions.Kelvin
Trade Bodies / Associations
Full NICEIC Accreditation, NICEIC registered domestic installer, Constructionline, TrustMark